Health and Wellness in Sarasota County
- The Ritz-Carlton Members Spa Club gives its members and Ritz-Carlton hotel guests special treatment. The spa features treatment rooms, saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools, in addition to lounges, products with all organic ingredients, and special relaxation therapies.
- Tranquil treatment rooms and custom treatments will leave guests feeling transformed after a visit to the recently remodeled Island House Spa at the Resort at Longboat Key Club. Wellness packages and getaways available.
- Mandala Med-Spa & Yoga Shala is an Indonesian-themed holistic day spa offering massages, skin-care and Indonesian body treatments, and yoga.
- Head to the nation's only warm mineral springs, aptly named Warm Mineral Springs. Located in North Port, it is rumored to be the sought-after "fountain of youth," because of its high mineral content and consistently warm 87-degree waters. www.warmmineralsprings.com
Yoga & Meditation
- Stretch, sweat and smile at Pineapple Yoga Studio in historic Burns Court, Sarasota. A wide array of yoga, cycling and fitness classes are offered in their unique space, complete with outdoor patio and free WiFi.
- Studios, such as Garden of the Heart, Prana Yoga, Reflex Arts, Rosemary Court Yoga, and Yoga SRQ, each offer classes that are suited to provide physical and emotional relief for all body types and fitness levels.
- Bikram Yoga Sarasota is Sarasota's only Bikram school, which adheres to the teachings of Bikram Choudhury, the founder of the hot yoga technique.
- On the evening of the full moon each month, yogis gather on north Lido Beach, at the public beach just outside of St. Armands Circle, to practice Full Moon Yoga by the waves beneath the moonlight.
- For the trendy craft beer enthusiast, JDub's Brewing Company teams up with The Yoga Shack every Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. to host Yoga and Craft Beer, an hour-long practice in the JDub's beer garden, followed by a cold pint of local brew.
- Re-center on Siesta Key Public Beach with Yoga on Siesta Beach.
- Elysian Fields offers mediation classes, self-help, and spiritual guide books in Sarasota.
- Although Simon's Coffee House is a coffee house, there are plenty of sans caffeine options. Serving breakfast and lunch, the café offers plenty of vegan and vegetarian options, many house-made. There's always a raw food option, such as the Raw Lasagna made 100% from nuts and vegetables. The take-out menu is perfect if you have to eat-on-the-go.
- Veg & Grill, a restaurant in the Gulf Gate neighborhood, is a sit-down eatery with a piled-high menu of vegan and vegetarian options. Its menu caters to the gluten-free, raw food and seafood-only crowd. There is also a Little Sprouts menu for tikes—a major bonus.
- Café Evergreen, located in Nokomis, is nestled in a historic building and offers a juice bar, indoor and outdoor dining areas, and a produce market. There are non-vegetarian options - all natural and organic - as well as vegetarian options, such as quinoa cakes and the paleo-diet friendly roasted cauliflower.
For more information about Sarasota County's spas, wellness, and healthy-eating options, contact Visit Sarasota County© at 800-522-9799 or www.VisitSarasota.com.