Tourism Fights Hunger - 2016
Join Visit Sarasota County in the Campaign Against Summer Hunger in Sarasota County.
In honor of National Tourism Week this May, VSC wants to give back to our community. After all, visitors care about a community that cares for itself.
VSC is teaming with All Faiths Food Bank in their Campaign Against Summer Hunger. When school ends, hunger begins for thousands of school-aged children in our community.
Did you know?
· 21,000 (50%) children at Sarasota County schools receive free or reduced meals. When school ends, hunger begins for them.
· All Faiths Food Bank’s annual Campaign Against Summer Hunger unites the community in an effort to raise the food and funds needed to feed children during the summer months.
· Last year, thanks to All Faith’s generous donations, they provided food to 26,900 children and their families during the summer months.
Here’s how you can be a part of VSC’s Tourism Fights Hunger, a campaign in partnership with All Faiths Food Bank’s Campaign Against Summer Hunger:
Between now and April 29, 2016 donate in one of three ways (you can donate both food and money):
1. Make a monetary donation online to All Faith’s Food Bank
*Be sure to make your donation in the name of/or in honor of “tourism”
2. Donate non-perishable food items (peanut butter, raisins, canned tuna, canned chicken)
3. Cash donations. Please request to have a collection can for your office. Please register below.
What makes it even more fun? A Friendly Competition
To add a twist to the campaign, we are having a friendly competition between our VSC partners. Partners will be split into several categories: Accommodations, Attractions, Dining and Visitor Services. We will keep a tally on who is donating the most. The winning group of partners will receive a special “prize.” Oh, and VSC will be competing as well.
Bring your money and/or food items to the VSC partner coffees. VSC will not be collecting food and cash on any other days.
March 24: Partner Coffee @ Holiday Inn Lido Beach - 233 Ben Franklin Dr., Sarasota, FL 34236-1205
Bring any cash donations and food you have collected to date.
Pick up your “Tourism Fights Hunger” kit.
April 28: Partner Coffee @ Der Dutchman Restaurant
Bring cash donations and food you have collected to date.
May 10: Campaign Collection Totals Announced
We will announce how much the tourism industry collected and present our donations to our partners at All Faith’s Food Bank.
Please encourage all of your staff to get involved! Together the tourism industry can do our part to end hunger for thousands of children in Sarasota County.